The Internet was invented during the 1970’s by the Department of Defense of the United States because of military suggestions. At first, the Internet was mainly used by scientists to communicate with other scientists and until 1984 it remained under government control. In the late 1990’s corporations began to use the internet for commercial purposes but nowadays, we use the internet for everything. We can research data online, buy airline tickets, books, cars and homes online. Also, if you’re lucky enough, you can even work at home, online, and get paid for it.
Speech W8 – Lesson 185
Follow the pattern
1. I told my mom that she should really stop smoking if she wants to live longer
2. That driver was at the gas station he had stopped to smoke
3. Dealing with a crisis effectively takes a lot of skill you have to remain calm
4. He said that he tried deal with his stress, but he eventually had a breakdown.
5. Being enthusiastic no matter what happens at work, is a great quality
6. I remembered filing for bankrupty at the bank it was a terrible process.
Write a summary of the text you’ve just read
Fill in the gaps with the sentences